We know that you are looking forward to visiting the distillery, and we’ve been working hard to make sure we can keep both you and us safe.
The distillery reopened after the initial lockdown period on 3rd August 2020, welcoming the public to enjoy gin making experiences and gin tasting experiences, and to visit the shop to buy our In the Welsh Wind Signature Style gin. The social distancing measures we put in place worked well, and we’re proud to have been able to offer our gin making and gin tasting experiences, with no compromises on safety.
During the latest ‘circuit breaker’ lockdown, we had to close our doors again, but we’re reopening again with effect from 9th November.
We are being as flexible possible to ensure that you can come and visit us. However, while we move forward, we will be keeping a close eye on Welsh Government guidance. Any arrangements we put in place are subject to change – including postponement and re-scheduling of experiences.
We’re working on the basis that everyone is as keen as we are to enjoy the distillery space while respecting each other and recognising that COVID-19 still represents a risk to our community. We’ve taken all precautions we feel are necessary and appropriate (in accordance with Welsh Government Regulations and Guidelines) to keep everyone safe while you’re here, but this also relies on you looking after yourselves.
Visiting the distillery
All our gin making and gin tasting experiences must be pre-booked (01239 872300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org). We cannot accommodate ‘walk ins’ for gin making or gin tasting experiences.
When you call to book in, we will ask you to confirm where you are coming from and whether you will be coming with people from your extended household or not. This is to make sure that we are acting in accordance with the Regulations and latest Welsh Government Guidance.
Please only come to the distillery if you are feeling well.
- Please don’t come to the distillery if you or someone you live with or are in an extended household with has COVID symptoms.
- Please don’t come to the distillery if you or someone you live with or are in an extended household with has tested positive for COVID-19 in the 14 days before your appointment
- We have plenty of parking around the side of the distillery – drive passed the distillery and then turn into the car park on the right.
- Please only use the main distillery door at the front of the building.
- Please respect any 2 metre markings we have in place at the entrance and within the distillery
- Please feel free to wash your hands and to use hand sanitiser as often as you like – we have plenty of hand sanitiser here!
- Please respect others who are in the distillery space with you and maintain a 2 metre distance wherever possible
Please wear a mask when you visit the distillery, whether it’s to buy gin or hand sanitiser or to attend a gin experience.
Please wait at the door for one of us to show you in – we know the distillery has lots of exciting looking corners to explore and shiny pieces of kit to look at – but at the moment, we can’t let you just wander into and around the distillery. If you’d like a closer look, one of us will be happy to show you around.
Our Bottle Shop is open. We have reshaped the distillery so our gins including our own In the Welsh Wind Signature Style are available for you to browse in the entrance lobby of the distillery. We are also selling hand sanitiser made to the WHO formula.
We prefer it if you do not handle the bottles – one of the distillery staff will be pleased to talk to you about our gins and show you the bottles and labels.
We cannot offer samples to taste in the shop at the moment.
If someone is already in the shop area of the distillery considering a purchase, please remain in the entrance lobby until they have left.
We can take contactless payment when you make your purchase, and always take steps to ensure social distancing is maintained.
If you prefer, you can purchase your favourite gin from our online shop.
Gin making experiences are for 2 people. You must be in the same extended household to take part in a gin making experience because of the proximity involved when you are operating the still.
We can accommodate up to 3 couples at a time. You will be able to maintain social distancing if there is another couple in the distillery at the same time as you.
- Gin making experiences last for 2 hours – to ensure we can clean between experiences, we ask you to respect this.
- Please wear a mask when you arrive. You can take this off once you are seated but will need to remember to put it back on when moving around in the distillery
- You will be allocated your own custom-made copper pot still in our Gin Lab to distil your gin. You will have plenty of space around you and we ask you to remain in that area by your still while you are in the Gin Lab. If you need anything, please just ask.
- Our bar will be open to you during your gin making experience, but we will take your orders at your still and serve your drinks to you. If you would like to purchase additional bottles of gin from our bottle shop, please let us know. We can talk you through the gins we have available and show you our bottles, so you can make your decision.
Gin tasting experiences can go ahead for groups of 4 people. If you are not in a single or extended household (2 families) you will have to maintain social distancing – we can accommodate this in the distillery and we ask that you respect this while you are in the distillery.
- Gin tasting experiences last for 1.5 hours. As with gin making experiences, please respect this so we can ensure cleaning between experiences.
- Please wear a mask when you come to the distillery. You can take this off once you are seated.
- The gin tasting experience will take place at your seats. We will bring everything to you!
- If you need to move around the distillery, for example to go to the bathroom, please remember to put your mask on.
Please respect the allocated time slot for your experience (2 hours for gin making, 1.5 hours for gin tasting). While we would love to ask you to stay longer, in the current climate, we are unable to open the bar to you beyond this.
Taking your contact details is something we have to do as part of re-opening. This is an important part of what we have to do, so we will ask you to provide contact details for you and your party
We have a sign in sheet in the distillery lobby at the main entrance. Please sign in and include your details to ensure that we can provide contact information to the relevant contact tracing teams for the purposes of the Test Track and Trace scheme operated by the Welsh Government. We are taking care to make sure that your data is stored to ensure that we comply with our data protection obligations.
You do not currently have to sign in if you are just visiting the bottle shop to buy spirits or hand sanitiser.
Thank you for taking the time to read this through – we look forward to welcoming you to the distillery soon!